WELCOME TO FRUGAL, FAB AND JOY!
This is a new adventure for me and in this process I am hoping to learn more about myself than I ever have. I plan to write about real life, my past, my present, and what I hope to see in the future. I love to share personal truths with others because I feel like it helps us all find a commonality and my hope is that it will leave no one out there feeling like they are "the only one".
I plan to share my favorite recipes because I love to cook and I have to say most have been found on Pinterest! Thank goodness for that sight right?
I will also share all of my favorite finds and deals from websites in which I am an affiliate for. So when you click over onto my deals section please know that the links you shop through are my personal affiliate links and I do make a small commission off of your purchases.
I hope you all find great value in every aspect of this webpage and that it will help you find a place of comfort in knowing that everyone has a story and yours is just as important as the person sitting next to you.
Shop What We Love
5 things you didn't know about me
1. I have social anxiety! Like bad. I don't even like going to the grocery store by myself. It is something I battle every single day because I would be a complete hermit if I didn't constantly face the fear of going out in public alone.
2. I have an adoption story. No, I wasn't adopted but about 14 years ago I had to make the toughest decision of my life to place my baby boy in the hands of another family that would raise him better than I could at the time.
3. I love the smell of cut grass, wet concrete and................cow manure..........yep, I said it. These are all things familiar with being partially raised in the state of Iowa. When it was safe to walk to the park with your sister and the rule was you had to be home before the streetlights came on.
4. I have body image issues. I know I tend to hide it well. When I share this with people they always give me the eye roll. To me that is the worst reaction I could get by telling something so personal. Yes I am 5'2" and about 125 pounds but I can still pick apart my body inch by inch no matter how many times someone tells me I am beautiful. I am working hard on this one. It's been a lifetime battle.
5. I like to fix things. When something is broken I like to take the time to figure out how to fix it myself before I call in the troops. I replace ceiling fans, garbage disposals, hooked up wash machines and all kinds of other handy work. (others may call "man work") But, I like it and I think I always will.